Friday, May 20, 2011

Excuse Me?


I am chatting with my kind-of co-worker (and a long, long time friend) from the Washington, D.C. branch of the office about my recent acceptance of a position in Singapore and he inquires me about the current size of the office, the number of people that currently work here.

"Oh about fifteen people but they are hiring about five more people, including me. I hear there is a Spanish girl and an Italian designer joining the company at the end of June as well so we will have people from almost every continent haha"

To that he just says:

"Oh I hear the Spanish girl is beautiful."

Now what's that supposed to mean? Call me overly sensitive but I sort of felt slighted in a way. Not that I am trying to compete for the guy's attention or trying to assert that I am just as pretty as the next girl. But still... my pride's been hurt.

Thanks, dude. Though I know you didn't mean it... I just kind of don't want to hear the rumors about how beautiful someone might or might not be. At least not when I am trying to make casual talk about job matters.

Am I right or am I right?

0 comments: